Effective: 17th November 2016
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SAMSUNG IDEAS FOR WORK HUB (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USE. The Samsung Ideas for Work Hub is an online portal for existing and/or potential users of Samsung products and services mainly for business purposes (“You”, “Your” or “Users”) operated by or on behalf of SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS (UK) LIMITED, a company registered in England and Wales under number 03086621 whose registered office is at Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0PS (“Samsung”, “we” or “us”).
If you don’t want to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should not use the Samsung Ideas for Work Hub. We may update these Terms and Conditions from time to time, so please check back regularly.
2. Disclaimer and liability
- 2.1 We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our website will be uninterrupted or error-free. While we endeavour to ensure that our website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to our website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- 2.2 You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, our website is at your sole risk. The material on our website is provided “as is”, without any conditions, warranties or other terms of any kind. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide you with our website on the basis that we exclude all representations, conditions and other terms and expressly disclaims any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, suitability, reliability, timeliness, accuracy, completeness, security, title and non-infringement which, but for these Terms and Conditions, might have effect in relation to our website.
- 2.3 In no case shall we be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special or consequential loss or damages including without limitation any loss of use, profits or data arising from your use of our website or for any other claim related in any way to your use of our website including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, or inability to use, any content posted, transmitted or otherwise made available via our website or from the conduct of any users of our website, whether online or offline, the deletion of your data, information or content stored on our website, even if advised of their possibility, whether such losses or damages arise in contract, negligence, tort or otherwise.
- 2.4 We do not represent or guarantee that our website will be free from loss, corruption, attack, viruses, interference, hacking or other security intrusion, and we disclaim any liability relating thereto. You shall be responsible for backing up your own system and if your use of material on our website results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
- 2.5 We may make changes to the material on our website at any time without notice. The material on our website may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
- 2.6 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall act to exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
3. Intellectual property rights
- 3.1 You are permitted to print and download extracts from our website for your own personal, non-commercial use on the following basis: (a) no documents or related graphics on our website are modified in any way; (b) no graphics on our website are used separately from the corresponding text; and (c) our copyright and trade mark notices and the provisions of this clause 5 appear in all copies.
- 3.2 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights in all software, source code and other content and material on our website (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are proprietary rights owned by us or our licensors. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, any use of extracts from our website other than in accordance with clause 4.1 above for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of these Terms and Conditions, your permission to use our website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from our website.
- 3.3 Subject to clause 4.1 above, no part of our website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without our prior written permission.
- 3.4 Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms and Conditions are reserved.
- 3.5 Our website may not be used in connection with any other commercial purpose except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us. Appropriate legal action will be taken by us for any illegal or unauthorised use of our website.
- 4.1 Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- 4.2 You may not create links to our website without our prior written consent. You shall fully indemnify us for any loss or damage suffered by us due to any breach of this clause.
- 5.1 By using our website, you agree to indemnify and hold us, any of the Samsung Group Companies, and any of such companies’ directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, and licensors harmless with respect to any claims arising out of your breach of these Terms and Conditions, your use of our website, any action taken by us as part of our investigation of a suspected breach of these Terms and Conditions or as a result of our finding or decision that a breach of these Terms and Conditions has occurred.
- 6.1 Our website is aimed at residents in Europe and intended for access and use by European residents only. In particular, no warranties and/or representations of any kind, express or implied, are given as to the compliance of the information shown on our website or any information relating to our business in any respect with any laws of any other country.
- 6.2 These terms and Conditions are governed by English law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- 6.3 No failure to exercise or any delay in exercising any right under these Terms and Conditions shall impair or operate as a waiver thereof in whole or in part. No single or partial exercise of any right under these Terms and Conditions shall prevent any further or other exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right.
- 6.4 You agree that we may sub-contract the performance of any of our obligations or may assign this agreement or any of our rights or obligations hereunder without giving you notice. We will not be liable to you for any breach of these Terms and Conditions which arises because of any circumstances that we cannot reasonably be expected to control. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 does not apply to the agreement between you and us formed by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions form the entire understanding between you and us concerning your use of our website and supersede all previous agreements relating to our website. If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be legally invalid or unenforceable, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
- 6.5 To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.